Did you fill up your car at a Citgo station last Saturday? You might have fallen victim to a fuel contamination issue that could have affected many others.
Attention Floridians! Fuel contamination at the Port of Tampa has led to a major mix-up, affecting gas stations supplied by Citgo with diesel. The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services blames human error for this unfortunate incident.
“Any fuel purchased after 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 26, at stations supplied by Citgo from the Port of Tampa has a strong likelihood of being contaminated with diesel fuel,” a FDACS release said. “At this time, Citgo will not release the list of gas stations that received contaminated fuel.”
According to the department, Port of Tampa serves stations “in the greater Tampa region north to Chiefland, and on the west side of Florida south to Naples.” These stations can include BJs, 7-Elevens, and other unbranded stations.
Immediate Action Required: Gasoline Sales Halted at Contaminated Stations for Urgent Tank Cleaning and Fuel Replacement.
Important Notice: Fuel purchased from these stations past the specified time might have led to issues with vehicle and generator performance.
“FDEM is coordinating with petroleum retailers, ports and all additional stakeholders to ensure that this disruption won’t be widespread and that residents can have seamless access to fuel,” the release said. “At the direction of the Governor, FDEM has already waived size, weight, and hour restrictions to get resources into the state as quickly and efficiently as possible.”
Citgo has released the following list of affected Florida gas stations:
- Big Dan’s Car Wash: 39522 US Highway 19 N., Tarpon Springs
- 7-Eleven: 3437 US Highway 19, Holiday
- 7-Eleven: 13411 Fish Hawk Boulevard, Lithia
- 7-Eleven: 4325 Lee Boulevard, Lehigh Acres
- 7-Eleven: 12750 South Cleveland Avenue, Fort Myers
- 7-Eleven: 290 Lakeland Park Road, Lakeland
- 7-Eleven: 720 Chiquita Boulevard, North Cape Coral
- 7-Eleven: 2604 Skyline Boulevard, Cape Coral
- 7-Eleven: 940 S Broad St., Brooksville
- 7-Eleven: 1626 Meadow Road, Lehigh Acres
- 7-Eleven: 2401 James Redman Parkway, Plant City
- 7-Eleven: 601 Pine Island Rd. S.W., Cape Coral
- 7-Eleven: 6050 Dean Dairy Road, Zephyrhills
- 7-Eleven: 714 Burnt Store Road, Cape Coral
- BJ’s Wholesale: 1929 Pine Island Road N.E., Cape Coral
- BJ’s Wholesale: 9372 Ben C Pratt Six Mile Cypress Pkwy., Fort Myers
- BJ’s Wholesale: 13585 NE 86th Path, Lady Lakes
- Handy Foods Store #86: 21321 Palm Beach Blvd., Alva
- Handy Foods Store #87: 3205 Lee Blvd., Lehigh Acres
- Superday CITGO: 1595 South McCall Road, Port Charlotte
- Bolton One LLC: 15434 US Highway 19, Hudson
- JHW #310 – DBA Avenue CITGO: 11867 N. Williams St., Dunellon
- AL Prime – Daytona Beach: 1898 S. Clyde Morris Blvd., Daytona Beach
- Quick & Easy Stop: 4529 Bee Ridge Rd., Sarasota
- Palmers Easy Stop: 903 Cattleman Rd., Sarasota
- Faulkenburg CITGO: 5320 Faulkenburg Road, Tampa
- Choice Food & Gas: 310 N Central Ave., Umatilla
- 2K Express 5: 6202 N 40th St., Tampa
- Perfection Station 5: 9931 N Florida Ave., Tampa
If you have been affected, you can call 1-800-HELP-FLA or file a complaint online at www.fdacs.gov.